Continuing last year’s tradition, here’s an evolving list of books that I am reading in 2019.
- Chancing It: The Laws of Chance and How They Can Work For You, Robert Matthews and Larry Gonick
- The Capital Markets: Evolution of the Financial Ecosystem, Gary Strumeyer and Sarah Swammy, Ph.D.
- The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemingway
- For the Love of Physics, Walter Lewin
- The Fault In Our Stars, John Green
- Economics in One Lesson, Henry Hazlitt
- Fear: Trump in the White House, Bob Woodward
- Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, Michael Wolff
- Naked Statistics: Stripping the Dread from the Data, Charles Wheelan
- Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams, Matthew Walker, PhD
- Millionaire Teacher: The Nine Rules of Wealth You Should Have Learned in School, Andrew Hallam
- Game Changers: Stories of the Revolutionary Minds Behind Game Theory, Rudolf Taschner
- If I Understood You, Would I Have This Look on My Face: My Adventures in the Art and Science of Relating and Communicating, Alan Alda
- The 3 Simple Rules of Investing: Why Everything You’ve Heard about Investing Is Wrong – and What to Do Instead, Michael Edesess, Kwok L. Tsui, Carol Fabbri, George Peacock
Feel free to drop your own recommendations in the comments!
I’m not saying that you have to be a reader to save your soul in the modern world. I’m saying it helps.Walter Mosley